clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

Big Little Lies

Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty

Big Little Lies kind of took me by surprise. Obviously, I was hoping I'd like it, but I worried it would end up disappointing me like many books hyped in the media. Also, I had read two other books by Liane Moriarty and they were only so-so for me. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book.

I enjoyed all the characters, even the ones I didn't like. I also liked the way Moriarty added interview notes from the characters to the start/end of most chapters. It was a unique way to not only drive the plot forward, but it also gave me additional insight into each of the characters.

I have to say, most murder mysteries don't shock me. I usually figure out the who-done-it by mid-book or at least have a few options which one turns out to be correct in the end. I did not see this one coming and I literally let an "Oh crap" slip out :)

Very well worth the read, with lots of characters and situations I could relate to.