clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

Still Alice

Still Alice - Lisa Genova

Still Alice was an emotional journey into the life of someone with early-onset Alzheimer's Disease. While I don't personally have any experience with EOAD, or have any family members who have suffered, I've come across it a bit in some previous research I've conducted. I was able to feel not only Alice's frustration but also the frustration of her family members. I felt the characters were well developed and presented realistic family dynamics. It's scary to think about what people with Alzheimer's have to go through. The downside to reading this book was that every time I forgot something, or when I accidently told my daughter her spelling word was increase rather than decrease (without realizing I did it), I couldn't help but think, "Damn, what if..."