clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

Courted: Gowns & Crowns Book 1

Courted: Gowns & Crowns, Book 1 - Jennifer Chance

I really wanted to like this book. Based on the synopsis, I didn't expect it to be an original story. It sounded similar to many other romance novels. But I did think it sounded like it might be a cute love story, so I gave it a shot. Unfortunately, I didn't like it. While I have a few nitpicky things, there isn't one glaring issue I had with the book -- other than I couldn't find a connection with any of the characters. Not a single one. And I didn't 'feel' the connection between Em and Kristos. I actually skipped the sex scenes, that's how disconnected I was to this story and the characters. I'm not sure if my lack of interest was based on the author's writing style, or my mood. Regardless, I don't intend to read any more books in this series. Good thing I didn't pay for it, but I did waste a Kindle rental.