clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

All She Wanted

All She Wanted - Nicole Deese

This is the second book by Nicole Deese I've read. It's been quite some time since I've read her first book, All for Anna, but I remember that I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure what took me so long to look into her other books.

All She Wanted was a sweet romance with some wonderful life lessons along the way. Charlie had a lot of growing up to do, and I was happy to see her progression throughout the novel. I also loved Briggs. I thought his character was well developed and I love how the author brought him to life. While Charlie and Briggs felt an attraction to each other early on, their relationship was built over time. I love how they bantered with each other. It was nice to read a book and watch the two characters fall in love, and have the love deepen over time, rather than just being given an insta-obsession that we are supposed to interpret as love. I also love how the characters brought out the best of each other.

There was a Christian twist to the book, but in my opinion, it was not done in an overpowering way. I would say it was more of a contemporary romance with a Christian twist, than categorize it as Christian fiction.

I'm looking forward to checking out the third book in the series, All Who Dream.