clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

The Distance Between Us

The Distance Between Us - Kasie West

I was excited to read this after falling in love with The Fill-in Boyfriend. Luckily, The Distance Between Us didn't let me down.

I liked how the characters in this book were different than many other books I've read. Caymen was a bit hard for me to get into at first, but in the end I loved her and her wit. Xander was absolutely adorable and I loved how he gave a slow build to his relationship with Caymen. And two huge props to West for creating such a strong relationship between Caymen and her best friend, Skye.

I enjoyed watching Caymen grow as a person. She started off so negative and judgemental of rich people. Given how her mother raised her, it wasn't something I could blame her for. The fact that she gave Xander a chance to be her friend and was willing to change her perspective showed the strength of her character.

The only thing I have a slight fault with in this book is the way that Caymen so quickly forgave her mother in the end. I knew she would, but I would have been more real for me if the book would have ended with Caymen still hurting but with the hope that they would work it out.

Can't wait to tackle another of West's books!