clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

The Sun is Also a Star

The Sun Is Also a Star - Nicola Yoon

I liked this book marginally better than I did the author's first book, Everything, Everything. Mostly because I liked the chemistry between the two primary characters better. I listened to the audio version and it was the same narrator as the author's previous book - not enough time had passed between my listening to the books and it took me a while to remember I was in a different story with different characters.

I liked how Danial was an unapologetic romantic and Natasha was all logic and science. I enjoyed the way they contrasted each other, yet at the same time brought out the best in each other.

I'm a firm believer in connectivity, meaning I think that things happen for reasons we may or may not ever understand. This book is heavy on the connectivity. I enjoyed it, but I could see where it might turn some people off. If you don't believe in connectivity, then I suggest you read with an open mind. It's a fictional book, so just try to enjoy the story even if you don't share the same beliefs.

The one thing that held this book back from a 5 for me was the ending. It felt a bit rushed. Not in the sense of tying up the loose ends (because there are a few left in the end), but in terms of the characters accepting the outcome of certain things. The whole book both Natasha and Danial were fighting against certain things happening in their lives. I felt that emotionally they changed a bit quickly.