clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

Broken Harbour

Broken Harbour - Tana French

Broken Harbour is the 4th book in the Dublin Murder Squad series. I have to say that I think this was my favorite of the series so far. Which is interesting because I didn't like the main character, Mick 'Scorcher' Kennedy, in the previous book. He came across as pompous and not willing to consider outside points of view in his cases. I'm still not sure I like Scorcher all that much, but I do understand him better now that I know his backstory. I get why he is the way he is.

All of these books tend to drag on for me for some reason, but this one moved the quickest. Most of the plot was focused on the case, so maybe that's why it didn't seem as bogged down as the previous books.

I will say that I have difficulty accepting the 'who-done-it' aspect of this book. It's a stretch for me. But the parts I enjoyed were enough to make that not a big issue for me.

I'm excited to move on to book 5!