clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

The Likeness

The Likeness - Tana French

The Likeness is the second book in the Dublin Murder Squad series. I liked it, but not quite as much as the first. The plot was very far-fetched, but I went in with that understanding. I suspended my disbelief and allowed myself to think, "OK, so if all the stars aligned in just the right way, something like this could possibly happen."

The book did hold my attention and I wanted to find out who stabbed Lexie and if my guess were correct. The characters were complex and I thought they each had just the right amount of depth.

The primary issue I had with this book was the pace. It just felt like it dragged on way longer than necessary. It's possible my mood played a big part in my enjoyment of this. I had to start it late and wanted to get through it so I could get to other books I had on my list for last month. And I was sick. So, maybe I would have enjoyed the slower pace more had I not felt so impatient while reading it.

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.