clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

Dark Matter

Dark Matter: A Novel - Blake Crouch

Dark Matter is probably the fastest book I've read in a long time. I just didn't want to put it down. And when I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it. I'm not sure I buy into the concept of parallel worlds, but I like thinking about the possibility. This book was successful in making me think about the choices I've made in my life (and even the ones I didn't make by avoiding the decision until the need passed). It made me think about how much of my personality is fundamentally me and how much is based on my experiences of the external environment. And in the midst of this scientific-based plot, the author even managed to infuse a bit of fate. I just wish I my book club would have read this with me as I'd love to talk about it with them!

Definitely worth the read and now I want to check out his Wayward Pines series as I've heard good things about it.