clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

In the Woods

In the Woods - Tana French

I really enjoyed this first book of the Dublin Murder Squad series. I thought In the Woods was a compelling mystery. I really liked the characters and thought they were well developed. The primary mystery is centered on a 12-year-old girl who is found murdered. Lately I have avoided books where the plot has a young child as a victim. One of the side effects of being a mom I suppose. I did struggle with certain parts of this book, but overall I was able to make it through without too much difficulty.

While my primary suspicion was correct, I still enjoyed the journey this book took me on. I had some minor issues but nothing worthy of note (especially since it would contain spoilers).

I struggled with the ending. On one had it frustrated the you-know-what out of me. On the other, I respected the author for taking the less popular path.

I've read from others that the second book is much better - I can't wait!