clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

On the Fence

On the Fence - Kasie West

After three books, I've decided that I'm a Kasie West fan, and she's my new 'go-to' author when I need a fun, feel-good book. I read On the Fence in one day, and it was so much fun. Yes it was predictable, but I expected that for this kind of book. It's actually what I wanted. There are just times when you need to read a book when you know everything is going to work out fine :)

I loved Charlie and all her tomboy challenges. I loved her brothers and her dad and even the boy next door, Braden. It was such an awesome family, and you could really tell they looked out for each other. I also loved how Charlie felt she couldn't be 'girly' because she didn't want to get teased (even more than she already was) by her brothers. I really enjoyed watching her find a new side to herself and how she was able to find a balance between her comfortable tomboy self and the more feminine parts of herself she was just discovering.

It was also cool to get an appearance from Skye (who was in The Distance Between Us).

I enjoyed the relationship between Charlie and Braden, and I can understand how he would want to hide his feelings with all those protective brothers around! The only real issue I had with the book was that I personally wanted more of the relationship between Charlie and Braden. Most of what we see is him acting like a brother and then we get their talks at the fence where his guard is down somewhat. But that wasn't enough for me. I wanted to see more of them falling in love, rather than just watching Charlie figure out she was already in love.

But it was so much fun. I highly recommend it.