clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

Girl on the Train

The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins

I've been wanting to read Girl on the Train for a while, and I'm glad I finally made time for it. I thought it was well done and kept me engaged the entire time. While none of the characters are particularly likeable, they felt real. There were a few moments where I felt a few of the characters did something that went against the image that was crafted for them and that it was done for plot's sake, but I was able to look past that. People are unpredictable after all.

We get 3 PoVs in this book - Rachel (the girl on the train), Megan (the girl who goes missing), and Anna (Rachel's ex-husband's new wife). I don't always like multiple PoV books, but I thought this one was done well. I had more issues with how it bounced back and forth in time. It was a bit much for me to keep track of on top of the multiple PoVs, so I had to keep going back to check dates.

I did figure out the mystery early on, but I didn't have all the details worked out. I felt that the author covered all my questions on how it could turn out the way it did.