clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

The Art of Racing in the Rain

The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein

I had been wanting to read The Art of Racing in the Rain for a long time, so I was excited to finally get to it. I loved the idea of seeing the world through the dog's eyes. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy it as much as I had hoped I would. It's a well written book and I actually can't point out any faults with it - I just didn't connect. I don't know if it's because I don't like racing or if it was because I wouldn't allow myself to connect with Enzo (the dog). You find out in the first chapter that Enzo is old and is at the end of his life, so it's not a spoiler for me to say this. I mention it though because I wonder if that had something to do with my 'disconnecting' from the story. My cat is old. I don't want to think about the time when she will no longer be with us.

Regardless of why I didn't connect with it, many others have so don't shy away from it if it sounds like a book you might enjoy.