clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

Party Girl

— feeling smile
Party Girl - Rachel Hollis

After the mind games that the last book I read put me through, I needed a light read as a bit of a palette cleanser. Party Girl did just that. It was predictable, and it was a bit cliche in some parts, but that's kind of what I was looking for. I haven't read the book version of The Devil Wears Prada, but I've seen the movie. Very early on I picked up a similar vibe with this story line. It didn't exactly bother me, but it was a bit distracting.

Landon is the type of character that I feel is borderline annoying. She was so sweet and innocent and competent and... perfect. She was a bit immature in some respects, but she even knew that about herself. However, somehow the author was able to keep me from wanting to throttle Landon by the end of the book, so I have to give credit where credit is due.

I'm not one that reads the gossip magazines, so the celebrity profiling and detailed descriptions of all the celebrity parties weren't all that much of a bonus for me, but I can see where some people would be excited to have access to this kind of insider knowledge.

Overall, a cute book. I suppose I'll check out the next book in the series, Sweet Girl.