clkbooks

Books & Chocolate

Oh, and I love chocolate.

You Were Mine

You Were Mine: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series) - Abbi Glines

I've seen a lot of hype around Abbi Glines books and so I wanted to check one out. This was the only title my library had available for digital loan, so it was the winner.

Overall, I'd say the book was all right. Much of it was very cliched and predictable. While I mostly liked both Bethy and Tripp, I felt as if their characters were basically the same as most other heroes and heroins in NA books.

Nothing really special stood out for me in this book. I was disappointed by the 'epic' love being portrayed as possessive and stalkerish behavior. However, I can't really fault it for that since the vast majority of NA novels use this formula these days (at least the ones I've read). While this didn't reduce my rating for the novel, I certainly would have rated it higher if it had been something else.

I don't know, it was just OK for me. No real big feels one way or the other to make a grand review here. I'll probably read another of her books at some point - but not the Rosemary Beach series since I wasn't really all that interested in most of the side characters either.